Tuesday, July 19, 2005

For the love of ...

Been trying to buy myself a snowboard. One of the few I am very keen on ... Anyway, do you have any idea how hard that is? Nooo, I thought not ...

Well for me here in Australia, its like this. I live in one of the driest states in perhaps the driest country on the planet ... We recycle 20% of our water here, for crying out loud ... Snow? Not a chance. So unsuprisingly, it would be cheaper for me to buy a medium size ocean going yacht complete with leaping dolphins, that to purchase the middle of the road snowboard I am contemplating.

Luckily, there is this neat thingumy-jig called the internet ... It allows me to see the bargains available to snowboarders in the US and to be shattered by either the price of postage (I've been quoted US $200) or the fact that "we don't ship out side the world ... and by world, we mean the 48 contiguous states of US of A" ... Isn't the world wide inter-shopping mall fabulous ... It encourages my desire and then crushes me, all in 3 clicks ...

(Incidentally ... heres what I want ... Nay, need, my friends ... 156 cm of shiney, snow carving goodness )

No comments: