Not! I haven’t posted on this subject for some time, mostly because with the sudden hype storm around global weather patterns triggered by “An Inconvenient Truth”, it seemed a bit a bit of a moot point. Which brings me to another subject. What is a "moot"? I’ve always suspected it was a small but vicious type of canary, typically distinguished by its sepulchral colored plumage. Anyway (awkward pause), this weather we have been having. It continues to be unusual. I’ve be chronicling the strangeness of the weather for some time now (Sept 05, Aug 05, Oct 05, Mar 06, June 06 and, just to be confusing, Jun 06). Here are a few more to add the collection … More records falling.
- Flooding kills 3 in the UK – described as “unprecedented rainfall”
- Indian monsoon leaves over 100 dead
- Storms in Newcastle break 30 year records while break once in a 100 year drought
- Storms in Victoria “worst in 17” years
- Hottest June in history in Greece, hottest Tuesday in 90 years in Bucharest