Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Urgency Chip

Ever noticed that there seems to be a chip embeded in all mechanical and electrical tools to discover how much you actually need the tool to work ... and if the need is really, really urgent ... deny it. I've been working on a video for youth group, showing how the money they raised was spent in the 3rd world country we sent it to. Admittedly, I may have made an error of judgement using Microsoft MovieMaker, but tonight it died. I had spent a couple of nights working on it, but tonight was the night that I really needed to get the movie finished and tonight, MovieMaker decides to go belly up. Sigh! That will teach me to trust a sub-industry standard tool.

Anyway, I reckon it has a detector built in that somehow, either through the urgency with which I used the mouse, the sweat levels on my finger tips or some other sophistocated and altogether more mysterious means, knew I NEEDED to finish this tonight ... and decided to show me who it boss.

Well, oh mighty Microsoft, maker of MovieMaker and other notorious software, purveyor of software that goes belly up, face down and blue screen ... You think you've won, don't you ... You think your victory is complete and I will just bow to the inevitable and give up on this project ... If you think I am the sort of person to just give up, throw in the towel, and fold at this point in the game ... Your right. Good night.

No comments: